Ecovillage Design Education
Date: August 16 – 22
Where: Bafut, North West Cameroon
Location: Ndanifor Permaculture Ecovillage.
- Cameroonian nationals: 30,000 cfa
- Participants of African nationality: € 150
- Participants from any other nationality: € 250
Ndanifor Permaculture Ecovillage is Better World Cameroon’s demonstration site in Bafut. We are developing our Permaculture learning center and welcome you to be part of our first Ecovillage design course.
During your stay with us, you’ll have daily programs which run from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm with hands-on activities and workshops to keep our brains and spirits alive. You’ll also get optional evening activities to connect with each other and to discover other cultures.
The workshop begins with a site walk as the first activity, to connect you to your new environment and to nature.
Here’s a selection of topics that will be presented:
- Mapping and observation
- Permaculture principles and ethics
- Soul healing and meditative practice
- 4 dimensions of sustainability (Worldview, Ecological, Social and Economic aspects).
- Water: erosion control, water retention and management.
- Earth: compost, earth building, herb walk
- Empowered fundraising
The Ecovillage Design Education (EDE) programs are meant for those wishing to learn about sustainability principles, and especially for those who might like to plan a an ecovillage in their home area.
The EDE usually takes place in sustainable communities where local citizens live what they learn, based on GEN “Living and Learning” principles-teaching theoretical material illustrated by local field work, exercises, games and project-based learning.
If you have any further questions Contact Us.
Please register here.
You may also be interested in our Summer Camp .