Together for a
At Better World Cameroon we are creating a social movement that will help end youth unemployment and enhance sustainable development in Africa. We recruit unemployed young graduates as volunteers into our Non-Formal Education and Appropriate Technology Centres (Eco Villages) and mould them into sustainable agricultural technicians and Green Job Corps.
Building on the strengths of the SDGs - Sustainable Development Goals in Cameroon to build international partnerships that can make tangible improvements towards sustainable development in Africa and the global environment.
We are dedicated to the goal of sustainability in our Ecovillage project-based vision, hands-on education oriented towards organic agriculture using indigenous knowledge and fair trade, while paying attention to the principles of innovative volunteerism and youth exchange.
With the Ndanifor Permaculture Ecovillage project we aim to build generating long-term business value with locally, sustainably sourced food products which meet quality standards and have a positive impact on the communities and environment in which we operate.
Management of Biodiversity through Permaculture practice and International cooperation & training to enhance youth employment and sustainable development in Africa.
- To engage the Diaspora and International Development Agencies in linking and building partnerships, cross-cultural education and Fair Trade opportunities;
- Organize Food Chains for Cassava, Maize, Fruits and Vegetables;
- Train farmers to know their roles in the various positions of the Food Chain;
- Setting up Eco Villages as demonstration sites for Permaculture practice and change of Lifestyles for youths;
- Developing a sustainable Food Supply Chain through Strategic Partnerships.
BWC helps youth/women associations, small and medium-scale farmers accelerating sustainable agriculture and developing market channels. BWC accompanies young people with innovative ideas and empowers them to turn their social business ideas into high-impact solutions to Africa’s social and environmental problems.
Through “Together for a Better World” International Summer Workcamp it offers Seminars, workshops, as well as coaching and mentoring sessions on Permaculture, Education for Sustainable Development, Climate change and the SDGs.